Thursday, January 7, 2010

Miserable Minnesota

The timing of snowstorms can really ruin your day. Today, a couple of inches fell right during the morning rush hour. It took me an hour to go 16 miles (normally it takes me fifteen minutes to get to work) and a person isn't the most peaceable personality upon arrival after that kind of a drive. Only saw one accident - a car bounced off the cement median and wrecked his front left fender and quarter panel of his car. Tonight, I had a late meeting and left at 5:30 - it still took me an hour and fifteen minutes, creeping along the freeway. Bob had nice homemade chicken and wild rice soup ready for me and then announced - "hurry-up, we're going swimming at the Civic Center!". I exhibited a snippishness and bitchyness that is normally not like me..."I just GOT HOME: I JUST got home!" Needless to say, Bob left me to myself, my soup and my toasted ham and cheese sandwiches, while he went for a walk on the treadmill at the Center.

I dream of balmy weather, moist breezes, palm trees, the soothing sound of waves upon a beach and floating on my back in salt water, staring at the clouds in the sky. (According to Bob's mother, it's 42 degrees in Port Charlotte, FL, so I'd have to be on the Keys, perhaps.) Oh well, at least the days are getting longer.

1 comment:

  1. hang in there jeanne it will be summer before you know it and we can worship the sun together!!

    ReplyDelete