Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Jeanne just called and said she didn't feel well. I feel like I have been ridden hard and put way wet. So what does the H1N1 flu feel like? For the past week we have been getting to bed late and up early. Going outside in the rain or near rain can't have helped much. I just don't feel well.

This morning I spent time at the doctor's getting more blood tests and giving them samples of my urine. I am trying to get into a study on the effects of a drug to prevent the development of cardiovascular and renal health problems for people with diabetes. I would love to say my only reason for being in the study is to help mankind but I am not all that altruistic. To get into the study, you need to have a physical exam that is not ordinarily covered by my health insurance. The blood work alone would have given Humana, my insurance company, a stroke. Besides the exam, they actually pay me to participate. So I get elevated health care, get paid and help humanity. Everyone wins.

2 comments:

  1. sick at our house now too. you probably sent it via email!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not me! We both had the bla feeling but nothing more than that. Hope the kids get better.

    After we get back from Thanksgiving, Jeanne and I would love find a way of giving you and Eric a break. Maybe a weekend in the Cities....bring the new kids with you or send the older guys here (all four) and you both take a break with only the two.Think about it You will need a break by then.

    ReplyDelete