Monday, October 26, 2009

Crazy Weekend

We just ended a busy weekend. Friday night we had Scott and Valerie over for dinner. I tried a new recipe (for me at least) of manicotti stuffed with cheeses and spinach. Every time I do some fancy cooking and it turns out well, I am surprised. Everyone said it tasted good and based on the lack of leftovers; they were being honest with me. Later that evening Scott showed me how to enter new members on QuickBooks. Since I am the Certifying Office for our camp, I needed to learn how to bill and post new and renewed member's information.

Saturday morning we had a board meeting at the camp. We had to approve the budget and between that and other business the meeting was trying. People who drink too much, do stupid things. The Board had to balance the good of the community with the rights of the members who do dumb things when drinking. After an hour of debate, you get the sense no one wins on these kinds of issues. Once the meeting was over, Jeanne served up a Chicken and Rice soup I made. I tend to cook in large quantities so sharing the soup helped. I really didn’t want to freeze two gallons of soup. The soup must have been alright since we didn’t have any leftovers.

Saturday night we went over to CJ and Sandy's for dinner. It was delicious and they are just super hosts.

Sunday was quiet as I watched the Viking lose to the Steelers. Jeanne went off to a birthday party and played bingo for the evening. She didn't win so that was a waste of money.

2 comments:

  1. did you happen to find my phone? its still missing. is it possible I lost it in the backseat of your car on the way to the airport.
    its funny you cook in large quantities. erics dad always takes a teeny bit of something and adds a gallon of water to make it go further. its always the joke at grandpas...dont drink the lemonade, its mostly water and a teeny bit lemon lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't check the car but it is not downstairs and not in the living room. Will check the car tomorrow and let you know.

    ReplyDelete